Are you a marcom or PR pro with the ability to develop and implement a wide range of ideas and solutions? Are you passionate about achieving measurable results for clients and managing detailed programs? We are looking for a versatile individual with a proven track record of at least five years of marketing successes, preferably in an agency environment. From brand development, advertising and direct mail to public relations, social media and web development, this individual will manage it all.
The Senior Account Manager (SAM) will maximize client brands and achieve measurable marketing results by working with client contacts and agency team members to create and execute integrated marketing communications programs for clients. This will include managing multichannel programs that include advertising, direct mail, trade show support, web development and email marketing as well as a strong focus on public relations and social media.
The SAM provides effective strategy and planning from writing marketing communications and PR plans to developing and presenting new business proposals. This individual is responsible for implementing plans, including developing timelines and budgets, providing day-to-day client communication and reporting, and interacting with other team members to execute strategies. In addition, this person will be responsible for hands-on execution of PR strategies, requiring proven writing and media relations skills.
- Develops strategic marketing communications and PR plans and provides counsel to clients
- Effectively presents agency work/proposals to clients and supports other team members in same
- Directs activity on assigned accounts, keeping clients informed of account direction and maintaining forward momentum on projects
- Writes press releases, backgrounders, feature articles, brochure and website copy
- Develops media lists and opportunity calendars
- Executes media relations, social media, community relations and event planning
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments – their key issues, competitive situation and industry trends
- Coordinates project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel and provides clients with timeline and budget updates
- Checks and approves creative/production materials, copy, layouts and production art to ensure they are in line with client and agency expectations and coordinates approval of same
- Provides effective management of agency resources to ensure projects are delivered to appropriate standards on time and on budget
- Writes proposals for clients’ marketing initiatives and coordinates quotations/estimates for client approval
- Leads and participates in client meetings and completes conference reports for client meetings
- Provides client reporting and results analysis of key programs and initiatives
- Tracks agency and vendor costs to help ensure profitability and assists in preparation of client invoices
- Handles other paperwork associated with account and job functions
- Actively identifies and develops new business opportunities within existing accounts and support other new business efforts/sales team
- Displays marketing curiosity and a willingness to push thinking in new directions
- Responsible for performing other agency related tasks as assigned
- Excellent writing, client service and media relations skills
- Five to 10 years of experience in marketing communications/PR, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism or Marketing
- Broad knowledge of the marketing communications field with a focus on accountability
- Recognize quality in marketing communications and have a strong drive to achieve nothing less
- Ability to multitask and maintain order in the face of chaos.
- A “can-do” temperament. Commitment to meeting deadlines and doing whatever it takes
- A self-starter who is energetic, enthusiastic, persistent, creative and motivated to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Awareness of value of time and the ability to maximize the use of the time allotted to each project; ability to “work smart”
- Strong people skills; ability to interact with a wide range of personalities
- A positive attitude and sense of humor
- Trustworthy; honest and reliable
Compensation & Benefits
We offer a competitive salary, bonus and benefits package.
How To Apply
Please include your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.