There are dozens of reasons any professional in today’s marketing world should proactively budget and plan on investing in professional enrichment. You’re already keeping up on best practices and trends by reading credible content from like-minded marcom pros (after all, you’re reading this Measurable Marketing blog post!). Making time in your busy schedule to attend a conference or seminar or participate in online webinars or download tutorials can offer a wealth of benefits that reading-up on a topic cannot.
Where do you start in your search for the right enrichment option?
There are a ton of discipline-specific conferences and online seminars. Some legwork on your part is going to be necessary to empower you to choose the one you’ll get the most out of.
First, check in with your colleagues and peers. Ask them what sessions or events they’ve been to, and if they’d go again. You can’t rely entirely on the websites published by event hosts, but that’s a great place to learn about the agenda, speakers, who should attend and what you’ll get out of it.
Another place to begin your search…right here with this list of links to 2014 must-see seminars, conferences and webinars:
- Digital Sherpa posted this list of social seminars: http://www.digitalsherpa.com/
- This is a great list of digital marketing conferences (for advanced marketers): http://www.
searchenginejournal.com/top- 16-digital-marketing- conferences-advanced- marketers/102053/
- Forbes published this list of must-see seminars for leaders: http://www.forbes.com/sites/
johnhall/2014/03/02/must- attend-marketing-conferences- for-leaders-in-2014/
- Content Marketing World Conference: http://contentmarketingworld.
- If you’re a DMA member, you might want to check out their online events: http://www.the-dma.org/
- For other events and webinars on a variety of topics:
Good luck in your quest for professional improvements. May your choices bode well for your networking efforts, career advancement and overall wealth of knowledge.